Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorWill Jagy
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011

Francois, Nilima suggested this thread be closed, and the spin-off thread by Kevin Walker did happen. I also suggest closing this.
    • CommentAuthorquid

@Will, I am not sure, in fact I doubt, Francois has moderator power on meta.

François: I'm not asking for any arguments for or against affirmative action, my question is whether Evan agrees to my reading of his argument as, roughly speaking, "the graduate director is being ' "sexist" and/or objectionable' (to cite Steve's original question) precisely because he is doing a kind of affirmative action". If he says yes then that's fine with me, if he says no, I'd be interested in some explanation of what I'm missing. Now that you seem to object to such reading, perhaps you could explain what you think I'm missing. I honestly don't understand.
    • CommentAuthorquid

Sergey Melikhov: as the person having started this thread, please, as a peronal favor I would like to ask you that we stop general discussions here. (I also participated in it, but in retrospect I think it was a mistake.)

• CommentAuthorWill Jagy

Also, we should assure Francois that he is a valued human being, even if he is an ordinary mortal on Meta.
    Let's please close this thread.

Closing.