Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorYemon Choi
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2012

I don't know how much bumping I can take.

Worse uncorrected details pass unrighted

This zeal for fixing spelling? Not delighted.

• CommentAuthorYemon Choi
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2012 edited

I'm almost tempted to revert each "Hölder"

If I were feeling crankier, or bölder.

I've sent a brief email, reminding the Pietro that one needs to find a balance between correcting minor problems and preserving the usefulness of the front page. I'll certainly admit to obsessing about commas sometimes, so I find it hard to be too upset.

• CommentAuthorvoloch

If anything, Scott's email seemed to have had the opposite effect.
    • CommentAuthorykallus

While on this topic, I was wondering if there is a way to edit questions without bumping them to the front page. I have been slightly annoyed by the namespace conflict between lattices (algebraic structure) and lattices (regular arrangements of points). I wanted to retag questions tagged as "lattices" referring to the latter meaning as "euclidean-lattices" (existing tag) or "point-lattices", but I didn't want to needlessly bump up a whole bunch of questions.
    @ykallus, no, I think there's no way to edit even tags without bumping. My advice:

1. Start a meta thread on that namespace conflict and your proposed resolution. Then, if you reckon a consensus develops on how to handle the conflict,

2. Re-tag two or three questions a day until they're all done.

Perhaps I should have started with

0. Check to see whether this particular conflict has already been discussed in meta.
    • CommentAuthorWill Jagy

Yemon, did you perhaps mean

Must we raise the dead, for umlaut's sake

...Eats, shoots, and leaves...