Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

The original author of What is Penroseā€™s Twister theory? edited the question and added manually the word "[closed]" to the title. As a result, the question looks like it's closed at first sight, but in fact it isn't.

That looks quite odd --- I never thought about this possibility. I think this trick is worth noticing. Do you think it could be exploited by someone with malicious intents? You can only use it on your own questions unless you have high reputation, and in any case it is easy to detect automatically and leaves permanent track in the database; so the answer seems to be "no". But maybe my "black hat" mind isn't twisted enough.

• CommentAuthorWillieWong
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2012

Welp, it appears in a short bit that the question may become "What is Penrose's Twister theory [closed] [closed]".

A real closed question (for example, this one) would have in addition a banner explaining who closed it and what is the closure reason. I guess the only damage that can really be caused by this is for fake-closed questions to receive fewer views.