Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I definitely believe that there are some very specific answers that can be given to this question. Leibniz had some quite specific ideas which took a long time to be properly appreciated, and are now explored. So this is much more than a 'tea chat' question, it can be precisely answered.

http://mathoverflow.net/questions/80364/

My issue with the question is that the OP gives no indication as to what these specific ideas might be, and I like MO questions to be self-contained whenever feasible (or to contain references if not). I would greatly appreciate it if anyone interested in reopening this question edited it to fix this.

Jacques: a (further) example of what I believe is a specific answer is provided by my comments on the Leibniz law. To increase chances for re-opening, perhaps the question can be edited so to as to explicitly discourage 'tea chat' type answers and comments?

@Qiaochu: understood. @Sergey: good points. Will do.

• CommentAuthorWill Jagy
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2011

Jacques, I cast the last vote to reopen.

Thanks Will. I will try to find the time to re-edit this, but that may not be until tomorrow.