Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Apologies if this has already been considered and decided against. I had a brief look, but couldn't find it.

I'm wondering if it would make sense for questions from posters with low reputation (say under 100) to be quarantined and put in an "approval queue" which could be accessed by users with higher reputation (for example the same reputation as that needed to vote to close questions). This might help limit some of the "what is $\int_{-5}^5 (1+x^2)\,dx$ questions that we seem to see a lot of.
    First, I think that would run into "we can't change the software".

Second, I would find that too strict, and if we could do something like that, I'd only want to stop users such
    that none of their question had been "approved" from posting more than one question in a specific time-frame.
    • CommentAuthorquid
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2012

Regarding Ricky Demers's suggestion in 2nd. This exists. Below hundred there seems to be a 20min delay for questions and a 2min delay for answers; cf FAQs user privileges at 100.