Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

One of the highest ranking selections for tetration on Google is the following Mathoverflow question - http://mathoverflow.net/questions/45277/how-close-are-we-to-extending-tetration-to-the-real-and-complex-numbers . This question was closed as not being a proper question and has only one answer that is not very helpful. Could someone please delete the question? Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorquid
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013

In view of OP's request and having looked over the question and the related old meta-thread, I cast the first vote to delete.

• CommentAuthorWill Jagy
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013 edited

Cast second vote. Sorry that did not work out better for you, Daniel.

EDIT: deleted now, within a few seconds of my vote.
    • CommentAuthorTeo B
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013

Vanished indeed, and in Google's cache you can't see much (at least on my screen), except of course for AK's unmistakable gravatar :)
    Thanks Will. I asked the question soon after joining Mathoverflow, before I had a gut sense of what was appropriate. The discussions on Mathoverflow a couple of years ago did serve to get the tetration and fractional iteration folks on the same page, so that was a victory. I can now hazard a guess that the answer to my questions is that it comes down to the convergence of different fractionally iterated functions.
    Teo, I had to check because I didn't recall ever going into that question. :-)