Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This question hopefully won't be visible for that much longer (indeed, gone already), but I thought I'd bring to attention its title:

[Closed] Huge Relief Unlock/Jailbreak iphone 5,4S,4 iOS 6.1.2 and iPad 4,3,2 Untehtered Produced

That [Closed] was put there by the original poster. The one that the software inserts is put at the end of the post. I suspect the idea was that folks would think it had already been closed and therefore not bother to click through and vote-to-close it.

Fortunately it looks like enough people voted it down to kick it off the site.

Anyway, I thought it a tactic worth noting so that people are aware of it. And to remember (not that it seems needed given the speed this one was dealt with) that even if a spam post is closed, there are other actions that can be taken that will speed its exit (though possibly not pursued by a bear) such as voting down and flagging as spam.

• CommentAuthorgrp
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013

That technique appeared on MathOverflow at least once before.
    The little I remember was that the question might have been
    marginal, but was more mathematical and noncommercial than
    suggested by the question Andrew mentions above.

I think that question got closed or ignored quickly enough, so
    I am not too worried about its use. It's a good idea to make
    more members aware of putting [closed] in titles, and probably
    ending titles with "open?" will wear thin quickly.

Gerhard "Is Clopen A Question Status?" Paseman, 2013.02.25

This tactic was just used on a recent question. It's not spam, though perhaps not of a high enough level for MO (I'm not sure I can judge).

• CommentAuthorykallus
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2013

Could this recent question be related to the two recent questions by the user http://mathoverflow.net/users/32488/bill-dripps ?

I already reported this trick on meta some months ago: http://tea.mathoverflow.net/discussion/1413/manually-closing-questions/#Item_1