Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

The voting on this answer does not seem normal: http://mathoverflow.net/questions/18375/is-there-any-finitely-long-sequence-of-digits-which-is-not-found-in-the-digits-of/132035#132035

The answer is wrong. It received 5 down votes, then 3 up votes, then another down vote (which is how the author currently has 29 reputation). Some of the people arguing with the author have made incorrect statements about trivial things, and have made other questionable statements, but it is still odd that so far 4 of AGreen's comments received exactly 3 up votes, too, comments including statements like, "But in order to have an absolute proof, you need absolute information. This is given by the laws of physics... That is a proof completely independent from assumed axioms. It holds for mathematics, because mathematics happens in the real world." I would not expect that to be voted up 3 times. The most plausible explanation to me is that those all of these up votes came from the same 3 accounts, and that they are the same person.
    Prior to seeing this post, I was thinking exactly the same thing.
    • CommentAuthorquid
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2013

Me too. (But then sometimes voting on MO is very strange so it could be a coincidence.)

I'm deleting my comment so as not to add to the noise. I didn't upvote or downvote the answer.

• CommentAuthormonty

I was not voting this up, but I would do it if I could. Douglas Zare you are wrong. And now you are gathering an army to fight towards the reality of mathematics. Mathematics is discourse between mathematicians. Things that cannot be said must stay outside.

monty,

Your comment here is a good contender for "most incoherent comment award".

• CommentAuthorquid

@monty: In view of your comment on main: presumably your 'towards' arises translating 'gegen' yet 'against' seems the meaning you intend.

• CommentAuthormonty

@quid: You are right. I am not very fluent in English.